Friday 23 March 2012

Why we wait till the last minute

Picture: Google.com
This is one topic that hits home. I’m one of those persons who’ll leave something till the last minute.  And I always shoot in myself in the foot!  Is there such a thing as one ‘working well under pressure’ or is it just plain laziness put more subtly. 

In the last week I remember woke up in the morning and had a real moment to myself. And all of a sudden something struck inside of me that ‘This could be my last day on earth’.  To an average Joe this sounds silly and contrary to being profound, but I felt so bare and vulnerable in an instant. Was God trying to tell me who’s skipper of the ship? or was it really ‘it’ for me.

I realized there and then the arrogance of the human species in thinking tomorrow is ‘owned’ and guaranteed to us. We wake up everyday, go about our daily living, go to bed with the notion of tomorrow being ‘yet another day’. It’s been three days since my ‘incident’ and still finding my way around my whole new outlook and meaning of my existence. I’ve tried to not leave anything important till the last minute such as admitting I’m at fault, stopping the ‘snooze on my alarm or teasing my siblings! I still have a long list of adjustments to be made.  Yet I’ve learnt it starts with every blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment