Friday 16 March 2012

Twitter stories have happy endings…

Image: Google.com

I recently took it upon myself to research the number of users on Twitter. Not because I had ample free time to spare, but because I had recently become part of a mega community of 175 million connected individuals. My Twitter experience has been a pleasant one thus far, not only do I get to communicate with my colleagues and random strangers, it’s become my own personal ‘haven’ where I can get away from everything and just ‘be’. Yet what is life without any surprises!

The other day I was going on as per usual with my ‘tweeting’ when I received a much personal message from a colleague stating that ‘someone was saying bad things about me’. My natural instinct led me to enquire about her much disturbing statement, with no luck there wasn’t a response. A few minutes later my status read ‘Lose up to 145lbs within a month....’ with a link attached to ‘my’ message. Sadly ‘I’ was sending related messages within forty minute intervals! I immediately picked up that there DEFINITELY was something wrong as I didn’t remember posting such Mambo Jumbo!

 Lucky for me I have a technologically blessed buddy who simply stated that my account had being hacked! I was calmly assured that within a few days my account would be blasphemy free, and yes it was.
In less than two days I received yet another message, only this time it was from “Twitter”. Requiring me to change my password as there was a suspicious ‘third party’ using my account for their advances. I immediately changed my password and was back to my old ‘happy tweeting self’. I LOVE TWITTER! *smiles*. 

1 comment:

  1. I've learnt that curiosity can get me into trouble. I've had a few of these messages pop up in my inbox by people I follow or my followers. I choose to ignore and delete it because I don't need to know 'what other people are saying about me', proving that my accounts stay clear of hackers :) Lucky YOU it didn't get out of control!!!

    ReplyDelete