Friday 9 March 2012

Fish falling from the sky


Picture: samadhisoft.com


As I looked up, I saw fish falling from the sky. There were thousands of them, in all colours; yellow, purple, green, blue, every streak of the rainbow. They marvellously landed on my feet. I caught one and to my surprise these things felt like velvet on the palm of my hand, soft and mushy. I curiously took a bite off one of these bright creatures. WOW! They tasted sooooo good. I couldn’t believe it,

fish shaped candy falling from the sky!

Every colour had its own unique taste, these were ‘heavenly fishes’. I reached out my hand and caught yet another fish. As I was about to take a graceful bite, I realised I had caught the most odd-looking, unappealing, revolving fish ever! It was the dullest grey, brown, blackish…. I couldn’t make out what this fish looked like (that bad!). Out of deceit and much anger, I threw it away and didn’t dare look where it landed.


Seconds later I felt a tingly sensation on my hands, and as I looked I saw sparkly gold, silver and platinum traces: a star galaxy. If I had waited a few more seconds it could’ve metamorphosis into a beauty. I looked around and couldn’t see it. As I lifted up my feet, to my realisation I had stepped on the it. I sat on the ground and sobbed, hoping that another ‘special fish’ would appear. I waited and waited for the longest time. The fish kept falling from the sky, yet no sight of my ‘magical fish'. 


‘The most beautiful, gracious fishes are odd, dull and grey’.





1 comment:

  1. Excellent! You are a poet. Let me know when you are publishing your first book.

    ReplyDelete