Friday 2 March 2012

What colour is the wind?

Picture: Google.com


The wind as we know it is without any form, its invisible, its invincible. It's forceful, catastrophic yet calm and soothing. Truth is, we can never make out what the wind is all about.

If I could have the wind in any colour it would be purple. Not only because its my favourite colour, but the colour purple is two dimensional. Or rather has dual facets, which would bring much 'character' to it. I would hug it, kiss it, roll on it, smell it, touch it. Metaphorically that is! I would have a BLAST with my lavender wind.

But sadly, I wouldn’t be able to see the beauty of nature, the serenity of a little footprint on sand, the dignity and grace of staring in one's eyes into their 'being'. While having a purple wind sounds great, in retrospect, it wouldn’t be worth it.

The colour of the wind is perfect as it is. Its a palette of our imagination...

1 comment:

  1. Well written. I espcially liked the imagery used in the piece.

    ReplyDelete