Friday 8 June 2012

I Love My Berry

Picture: rodneyonearth.com

Mine is not a restricted blog with explicit content, so NO the word ‘berry’ has no reference to a woman’s genitalia, far from!  It rather refers to my very own cutie pie, my popsicle, my Blackberry.

During the week while browsing through my favourite media website Bizcommunity, I came across an interesting article covering the Generation Next Survey results for 2012. The survey looks at interviewing ‘tweens’ and young adults from ages eight to twenty-two who are enquired on their ultimate coolest brands. It comes as no surprise then that Blackberry was voted ‘The Overall Coolest Brand for 2012’. I was so excited and proud to be an owner one of these babies too, that joy was short-lived though as my berry was to encounter a hurdle later. 

A few hours went by, three to be exact. I was in the ladies (no worries I won’t be too graphic) whilst washing my hands I stupidly placed my phone at the sink and showered it with water accidently. It didn’t take long before my phone gave up and went all silent on me, it was the worst betrayal ever! Fortunately my very knowledgeable colleagues gave me a few ideas on how to perform CPR on my baby and bring her right back to life. There was the blow-drying idea which I already was aware of and then one colleague advised me to rather place the phone in a bowl of rice (covered) and make sure it stays in the uncooked rice over night. This suggestion was met with a *rolling eyes* expression. As soon as I got home I tried the later.

http://www.bbgeeks.com/quick-tips/what-to-do-if-your-blackberry-gets-wet-88693/

 To my surprise it worked wonders! My phone was absolutely dry, I was totally delightful and still amJ. It’s just me and my Blackberry.  

No comments:

Post a Comment