Friday 15 June 2012

The elephant in the room

Picture: cartoonstock.com

Its not everyday that one gets to be in the same space, let alone same room with an elephant (talk about the unimaginable!), yet  ironically we’ve had moments metaphorically where we’ve had an encounter with this gigantic mammal. ‘The elephant in the room’ is an English idiom which addresses the truth being ignored or turning the other eye, the problem or issue at hand is usually very huge that it cannot be missed (elephant). 

I remember a few weeks ago entering a room and being met by a former love flame, did I just say love! Well truth is, I liked him for the most part. People at times go astray and so did we, the manner in which it happened was the sad part after sharing happy moments together, I need closure.

So there I was standing there experiencing stillness in time. That’s until a colleague walked up to me and asked if I was okay and I deniably told her I was, unsurprisingly she replied ‘Bollocks! You’re far from okay’. She was right, how could I have been okay when I had just witnessed an elephant in the room.

I hurried out of the venue, shut the door and walked away.


Woman Trying to Close the Door of a Closet Overflowing with Stuff
Picture: clipartguide.com

No comments:

Post a Comment