Thursday 11 October 2012

Watch this space

Image: Google.com
Image: Google.com

As this girl has BIG dreams and she is taking one step at a time in reaching them.  I remember recently a fellow student giving a presentation during a Media Studies lecture and mentioning that Trevor Manuel was in fact a Mechanical Engineering student at CPUT before being in the forefront of the finance. Being the knowledgeable being she is, my Media Studies lecturer Marian Pike then added that Mr. Manuel got to be a prominent figure head within the Finance Industry only by reading as much as possible on it and being in tune with current trends. The same scenario is applicable to Gill Marcus the current Reserve Bank Governor. Not only was I astounded by this revelation, but I thought to myself “Who said I can’t compete against the media giants of today?” 


Okay maybe not at this precise moment, but not too far from now I’m going to establish and put my name out there and build my own media empire. And sure enough a lot of people will laugh in my face just to kill my dream but if I have faith and believe I was destined to be right at the top, then it shall be so. Ogilvy was built on a dream, TBWA/Hunt/Lascaris was built on a dream, King James was built on a dream so let me stop with the dreaming and get my ass kicking towards my destiny (goes to Ad focus website!).    

No comments:

Post a Comment