Friday 11 May 2012

A reflection of Me

Picture : Google Images

“I’m so fat, how on earth can anyone get to this weight EUUWWW disgusting”. This is one statement I'd associate with a ramp model whose landed her 'First face' title to open a Vic & Victor Autumn/Fall show. Yet unfortunately they came from a very close source: my nine year old niece. You could've sworn my jaw fell on the ground! The shock on my face was priceless. I went and asked her reasons behind this absurd lie she just blurted, her answer was: 'Mommy says I should watch my weight and besides all pretty girls are skinny and wild'. I didn’t go as far as probing into the meaning of 'wild' but for the most sat her down to give her a prep talk which 'little Miss Pretty' dismissed as utter nonsense.

Before I could say a thing my niece once again barged in only this time to give me a piece of her mind. 'Aunt Aya, I appreciate your concern. I know you're about to tell me I'm special, pretty blah blah blah. I'm quite hungry, can we do this over a salad!' Yes, she rolled her eyes too.

I had a burger, she had a plate full of greens and a glass of water so big it covered her petite tiny face. I noticed while giving 'The Talk' that she was really concentrating, not on me but the burger under my nose. By the end of our chat, Sweet Pea was licking and tasting her fingers like a Survivor contestant. I thought she'd thank me for the 'one-on-one' but instead she surprised me with 'Can I have some more please?' Kids!

Picture: Google Images





No comments:

Post a Comment