Friday 24 February 2012

If I were the boss?


Image: Google.com
If I were the boss everyone would like me! Well I hope they would. I mean an average person spends five days, eight hours per day and pretty much forty hours at work per week. I could go further as to include on  per month and annual basis,  but  frankly it doesn’t take a genius to figure out  we spend majority of the time with  our ‘corporate families ’; our colleagues and  the one  person we dreadfully hate or questionably love known as: THE BOSS. 

While it’s impossible to know every employee’s name, depending on the size of your team and level of the organizational hierarchy you find yourself in, I’d try by all means to remember names! No kidding, who on earth wouldn’t want their boss to remember their name! The office environment would be ‘Ally McBeal’ meets ‘The Apprentice’. When I play, I play hard. And when I work, I word VERY hard. I’d basically expect the same dedication from my much appreciated employees.

We would annually take home a Loerie Award or two! Without any prediction, the Loerie organizers would know that with my team, it’s a done deal. By all means my troops and I would be featured in ‘The Hundred most influential companies in SA’. And yes, I’d push for the Global market. This girl thinks BIG!

Through it all we’d all give each other appraisals on the awesome work done. Yay! More play! And every year on my special day I would receive the most colorful, big, yummy cake with everyone’s name artistically visualized. And right there in the middle of the bake, there’d be a sweet: ‘HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE WORLD’S GREATEST BOSS, EVER’.  Can’t wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment