Friday 17 February 2012

First Impressions last a lifetime

Picture : Google.com

‘First Impressions last a lifetime’ as the saying goes… But are they truly everlasting? Or do we get a second chance at gracing our reputations after messing up the one time to ‘sell ourselves’.

This certainly isn’t foreign to any of us, each and everyday we’re constantly ‘making that first impression’. We witness it within our workplaces, with the stranger seated next to us on our bus trip,  the bank teller who makes a 
 confusing first impression with her ‘enforced smile’ or the guy across the room who you exchange a warm smile with for a few seconds, only to be joined by his ridiculously stunning girlfriend !  Not talking from experience, it’s called ‘creative writing!’
 
I remember recently being given the opportunity to introduce myself in front of my peers, no more than twenty individuals. And in my introduction I had to mention something interesting about myself.  Out of all things I could’ve mentioned! I went straight ahead and revealed how I had an interest in ‘horoscopes’, how Zodiac signs help me relate to individuals generally. I thought about it afterwards and was shocked at my revelation! But in essence I felt so liberated that  as intelligent as I am,  I  too can take interest in a subject perceived by some fickle and pointless as astrology. Nonetheless, it was MY very own ‘First Impression’.  









 

1 comment:

  1. Ayanda this is a thought provoking piece of work yes credibility is like viginity once you lose it,its gone forever.Hopefully those who will read this article will learn a lot.You got the talent,tell the world

    ReplyDelete