Thursday 8 November 2012

The Last lecture



Image: wisdomportal.com


Entering the media studies lab on October the 23th, I prepared myself for a heart-breaking goodbye. I had my Kleenex tissues ready and the drama queen in me to make this parting an official, memorable one. To my surprise it was business as usual for my Media Studies 3 lecturer Marian Pike. My fellow class mates presented that day on their proposals for their Project Management assignment once everyone was done (like two people) Marian gave us a very short, straight to the point goodbye wishing us successful careers in the near future and hoped much that each and every one of us learnt a thing or two from her and that was it.
 
Next thing you know class was dismissed. I would like to take this time to thank Ms. Marian Pike for her extensive, rich knowledge and love for ‘All things Media’. Thanks to her that today I’m a proud owner of Simply Put my blog and for having the opportunity to have a presence on Twitter and connecting with the rest of the Globe. Marian the things you’ve taught us are beyond what any lecturer should, you have prepared us for industry but most importantly the world itself. Moral of the story: never be complacent. ‘Never just unpack the groceries, put them in their rightful place.’

No comments:

Post a Comment